Friday, July 15, 2011

My Struggle Within

We are all human. We all have wants, and needs, and desires.  I struggle with being happy with what I have.  There is always someone with a bigger house, more money, better clothes or a nicer car.  Instead of asking "Why can't I have that?" I need to consider what I have instead.  So I did a little soul searching and jotted down a few things.  Just a few...my list of wants is long.  Not something I am proud of, and something that I am constantly working on!  Here goes it...
 ___________________________________________________
I WANT a child who is disciplined, listens when I ask her to do something and polite.

I HAVE a child who is free spirited, has already mastered the art of selective hearing, polite when she wants something, independent, and beautiful!

____________________________________________________
I WANT a body that is lean, chiseled, and stretch mark/scar free

I HAVE a body that soft, strong, healthy, and shows the signs of a beautiful and interesting life.
___________________________________________________
I WANT a home that makes people talk. Beautiful decor, nice furniture, and smells of lavender and sunshine.

I HAVE a home that is perfect for my family, with room to grow and memories to make, decorated with things made by my own two hands, furniture that will last through children and pets, and smells of life, with a little black raspberry vanilla scent thrown in to cover up the sometimes not so good smell of life.
___________________________________________________
I WANT money in my pocket to spend. To not worry about the price tag or always shop in the clearance section.

I HAVE an understanding of money and pride in knowing that the things I am able to spend my money on are needed and a satisfaction in being thrifty and creative.
___________________________________________________
I WANT a husband who is romantic and spontaneous and sings to me.

I HAVE a husband who is practical, steady, provides for me, and loves me.  I have the radio to sing to me and as long as I don't watch too many romantic comedies, he is perfect.
___________________________________________________
I WANT adult conversation and interaction. To feel needed and respected. To be good at a career.

I HAVE an amazing opportunity to stay home with my child. To feel her need for me and take in her love. I have a career that directly benefits my family in a most positive way.  I am fluent in toddler and an expert play dough artist.
___________________________________________________
I WANT to not want all these things and to be happy with who I am and what I have.

I HAVE a Heavenly Father who is constantly seeking the good in me and in my talks with Him is helping me become the best version of me I can be.

I have everything. I just need to get my head out of my butt sometimes and realize it!

Enjoy what you have today!





No comments:

Post a Comment