Monday, October 31, 2011

A Gentle Reminder

There are people in our lives that we consider hopeless. Those who are the way they are and they will never change.  Some are gossipers, some are addicts, some are unbelievers, some we may even consider to be our enemies, or unworthy and unaffected.  I know I have thought this from time to time about people.  Why won't he do this, or why is she like that.  Sometimes it would just be easier to cut these people from our lives than to waste our time and energy on someone who will not change.  But sitting in church yesterday I got a gentle nudge from God.  I should PRAY for that person.  What?  I should use my time with God to pray for someone else?  Someone who most certainly isn't praying for me.  Someone who probably doesn't even want me to be praying for them.  Yes.  Those are the people who need it the most.  Because that person who seems unworthy, and prideful, or who claims they don't believe are the ones that need our prayers the most. The one most important thing I took away from church yesterday is that God has a vested interest in EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this earth.  HE created them.  So why should I decide that someone is not worthy of being prayed for just because I do not agree with their decisions or how they live their life?  I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't have people praying for me.  So the next time I have a conflict with a friend, or am resentful towards my husband (it happens, I'm human) I won't be so quick to write them off as I so often do.  We can't know they power of prayer until we use prayer to see changes. Remember, God is good. God is always listening.

Disclaimer:  I'm not preaching just felt compelled to share this message.  I'm not a perfect Christian or perfect at praying and most definitely not a perfect person!  But little reminders like this make me feel blessed for the things I have, blessed for the people in my life and hopeful for the things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment