Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm Still Here!

Ouch!  Logging into my blog today the words...last post Oct 31st really stood out.  It's November 15. I didn't realize I had neglected my plethora of readers for that long! My deepest condolences.  I feel like using big words today.  The Duke sometimes makes fun of me for the words I use.  For example, the word pallet.  Some of you might only think of this as a wooden structure that you sit stuff on or use to move stuff with a forklift.  But the word pallet has a whole other meaning as well, get ready for it....it can also mean a small bed on the floor! This is exciting new information for some of you.  I use this word often.  "Ally, should we make a pallet on the floor to watch a movie?"  Or for unwanted guests, rather than offering them a bed to sleep on in your house, you could offer to make them a pallet on the floor.  The first time I used this word amongst my non-Missouri friends or relatives, I was laughed at.  But it is a word, I assure you.

Another word I get made fun of for using is woller.  I admit, it is not actually in the dictionary, but it is used quite often by my family.  It means (in our vocabulary) to wiggle around, or not stop moving.  I'll use it in a sentence, "Ally stop wollering on me and sit still!"  It has greater effect than actually saying, stop wiggling or moving around so much.  

Another favorite is cattywampus.  It's a fun word that means not straight, or out of order.  I taught Ally this word, now its fun to hear her say her shirt is cattywampus, or if her shoes are on the wrong feet they are cattywampus.  Her teacher must love me.

Words are fun. Unless they hurt. Then they are not fun.  Choose your words wisely :)  Lesson for today over.

In more exciting Duke news...we found out we will be welcoming a baby boy come March!  We are super excited!  I've been busy buying boy clothes, shoes and blankets. I even have the crib bedding and paint all ready to be set up.  The Duke tells me we have to wait until after the Holidays to get the room ready.  He's always spoiling my fun.  I am a tid bit nervous about having a boy.  They are rough and destructive.  I like things clean and organized.  And they have these things that spray urine everywhere if not covered correctly.  I'm not sure how to handle this.  But I think if we had another girl I would have become an alcoholic, just saying.

Well, my peeps, hopefully it won't be another 2+ weeks before my words grace your eyes again.  Until that time comes, keep on keeping on.


2 comments:

  1. Your posts always bring a smile to my face! And pallet is a perfect word for a small bed...use it all the time...you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! What a great post!! You had me and my mom rolling :). We use all of those words, must just be a Missouri thing, lol. Congratulations on your baby boy. Boys are destructive and rough, but they love their mommas with all their heart! You are gonna have so much fun with him.

    ReplyDelete