Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just Some Tidbits

I have been wracking my brain on topics to write about on this here blog and have come up with nothing!  I have no new recipes to share, no new decorating tips or ideas that I've tried yet.  So this post is going to be about nothing really. Just a few tidbits from the past few weeks.

Birthdays! Whoop Whoop!  

We've celebrated 2 in the past week.  June 19th. My little peanuts birthday. Three years ago on Thursday June 19th at 4:45am my water broke.  My whole pregnancy I was worried that I wouldn't know I was having contractions and the baby would be born at home or on the way to the hospital.  These were valid fears at the time.  I prayed for my water to break, kudos to the Lord for coming through on that one.  I arrived at the hospital around 6am, Jon didn't see the need to rush and took the long route, after stopping at the ATM.  He was obviously trying to delay the birth as long as possible.  Some contractions, drugs, sleep, and pushes later (I am editing here) my whole world changed as my whole world was born.  Allyson Rae Duke arrived at 1:22pm.  What a blessing. What a joy.


This past week she turned 3.  Wow. Where has the time gone.  She doesn't look like a baby anymore, but a little girl.  A little girl with long curly hair and a smile that lights up the room.  A little girl who has everyone she encounters wrapped around her tiny little finger.  Happy birthday to our little Hot Rod...



June 22, 1983. The world got a little bit better.  The sun was shining, angels were singing, and the birds were chirping.  I was born.  Yes little did my parents know 28 years ago just how special I would be.  Just kidding! My birthday was yesterday.  For the first time EVER I actually forgot it was my birthday until my mom called. It will never happen again.  My wonderful husband took me out to dinner at Olive Garden. My favorite, and our first date location :)  Bread sticks are good.  I even got free wine and a little entertainment from the minors sitting in the booth behind us.  Here's a little advice to all you minors out there.  If you are going to try to order an alcoholic beverage, tell your friend who orders before you NOT to order chocolate milk to drink.  Also don't claim to be 25 and leave your ID in the car.  25 year olds don't do that.  But the poor child (who was most likely about 16) did provide me with excellent people watching for the night.  Happy birthday to me!

Me circa 1984

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing!

Ally loves The Wiggles.  You know the Australian group of all 30 plus year old men who sing and dance.  Yeah, it's a little weird, but she is so cute dancing around the living room I can't help but condone her watching them.  So for her birthday I got her a new DVD (I'm an enabler) and we have watched it about 6 times a day since Sunday.  She shakes and shimmies her little behind to all the groovy dance tunes.  All this was in preparation for her first dance class, which was last night!  Seriously, hands down the cutest thing I have ever witnessed. A class of 3 and 4 year olds trying to be taught first position (heels together, toes out.)  I was beaming from ear to ear watching her try to gallop, skip, stand still, stretch and freeze.  Mega fail for me though, apparently when the class description says for the kids to wear comfortable clothes, that does not mean sweats and a t-shirt, but rather a full dance leotard, tights and ballet shoes.  We will be going shopping before next weeks class.  Ally didn't mind though, she was all smiles...

The super cute bow was made by a friend. Check out her site! http://www.trosieb.com



OK so as it turned out this post was not about nothing at all (does that statement make sense?) Guess birthdays and dancing make for pretty good blogging topics.  Hope y'all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment