Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scrumdidilyumptious!

Finally! After I months of not being able to make any Pioneer Woman recipes I'm back in the saddle!  OK, maybe it wasn't months, but it felt like it!  I had to dust the cobwebs off the crock pot.  Last nights venture was a crowd pleaser.  My husband and I don't signify a crowd so we added a few more Duke's to the gang.  Jon's brother Jason and his beautiful wife Jacquelyn, also known as my sister and brother in law, and the newest little Duke, Willow, also known as my niece, came over for some grub.  On the menu..PW Pulled Pork sandwiches with Cilantro-Jalapeno Cole Slaw.  Sounds fancy, delicious, and messy.  Also known as Scrumdidilyumptious.  Disclaimer, my camera does not live up to my expectations for taking pictures of food.  It could be the operator, but probably the camera.  So the pics DO NOT give this dish justice on how good it actually looked.  Check out Pioneer Woman's pics...her camera (or operator) do a much better job!

Pork Butt (he he)   
Cooked Pork Butt 

Jalapeno Cole Slaw and fresh Cilantro. It does not get any better then fresh cilantro in my mind.

Put the cole slaw and cooked pork butt on a toasted bun. I like toasted buns and butts. OK, this just got weird.

Here is the link to PW recipe. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/pork-sandwiches-with-cilantro-jalapeno-slaw/  I had to tweak it a bit. Hers calls for Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce which I could not find!  So I used half a can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) and added some chili and cayenne powder.  It was good but next time I will search high and low for the Chipotle Peppers.

I'm getting out of hand now...tonight is another PW recipe.  Taco Pizza. Can't wait to try this one!  Shh...don't tell the hubs there is no meat on it. I would hate to have to force feed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment