Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Hero

Well, here it is. Another one of those days set aside to honor someone who we should honor every day. Father's Day.  Pop, Old Man, Father, Dad, or for me, Daddy.  Yes.  I am going to get sappy, again. 

My dad is my hero.  It sounds cliche, but he truly is.  He's big, and tall, and cuddly.  Just like a dad should be.  He's tough when he needs to be tough and soft when he needs to be soft.  He was a Fireman and is now a Special Investigator (sounds so cool doesn't it!)  He's a lot of peoples hero.

Just hearing my dad's voice makes me smile because he still talks with a "Missouri accent."  When he sings he thinks he sounds like Toby Keith, and I think so too.  He shared his love of old movies and John Wayne with his kids while we were growing up, and now we share the same love.  I remember sitting in my daddy's truck when I was a little girl and singing my favorite old Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song, and he would have the biggest smile on his face.  He taught me how to drive on a back road in Missouri and still tells the story of how I maneuvered around a combine.  I feel proud that he remembers that moment. It's one that I will never forget, along with many others.

Growing up my dad was the cook in the house.  For breakfast he would always make my brother and I fried bologna, corn beef hash with cheese, or grilled cheese sandwiches.  I always loved his breakfasts.  He's an amazing cook, and master of the grill.

He is my baby's Papa. She fits so snuggly in his big burly arms.  Ally loves sitting on Papa's lap and reading books. I know he would go to the end of the earth for her if she asked him to. 

He's my daddy.  He will always be the number one man in my life. 

End Note: I would love to post a picture of how truly handsome my dad is, but my photos are on another computer. :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment