Saturday, May 28, 2011

And She's Gone...

As a stay at home mom the moments you get all to yourself are few and far between.  Simple tasks such as going to the bathroom alone are often taken for granted. Conversation that doesn't involve me decoding the mystery language my daughter speaks is much coveted.  So whenever grandparents offer to have take Ally and keep her overnight, I am all for it!  I don't want to seem too eager to get rid of my lovely for the night, but inside I am jumping up and down!  Here is my chance, my much needed hours of me time. The opportunity to go shopping and not see the look of horror on the other shoppers faces when I come walking in dragging a screaming toddler behind me. FREEDOM!!!  Don't get me wrong, I will miss the 6 am wake up call, the hour process of bedtime, the plate of dinner food being tossed on the ground, the screaming and yelling, and the few hugs and kisses Ally throws in just so I don't go stark raving mad.  But I know, like most moms that in order to truly be a good parent, you have to take time for you every now and then.  So I will enjoy my afternoon and evening then wake up bright and early ready to see that precious little face again.

No comments:

Post a Comment