Friday, May 13, 2011

Things that make you say WOW

Might as well start right in and talk about the most current WOW of the week, the fact that my beautiful 25 pound almost 3 year old was briefly taken over by a tiny insane person!  I must first explain myself, I am a bit of a push over when it comes to my daughter, OK, bit of a push over doesn't quite sum it up, I do as I am told, I keep the peace, I prefer calm rather than screaming.  But today I decided to stand my ground, I WILL NOT be bossed around by my spawn! So when Ally told me to find a toy for her in her toy box, I politely declined and kindly asked her to get it herself.  Next came something the likes of which I have never seen!  Full on tantrum, the kind you see on Dr.Phil. She donned the strength of a 200 pound man.  It was excruciating and awe inspiring all at the same time. 
 I didn't think it was appropriate to take a picture of her during the fit, so we'll use this as a visual.  Ok, I couldn't find the camera or I totally would have taken a picture!


A 30 minute scream fest ensued ( I took advice from the above mentioned Dr. Phil and did not raise my voice, but oh was it tempting!) and I am proud to say I was victorious!  Not sure what I was victorious in because she and I had both forgotten what the initial struggle was about, but I am victorious none the less.  My sweet little angel has been returned to me and is sleeping soundly in her bed, which happened without struggle as well!  I celebrated with a brownie, or 3.  Why is it my favorite capri jeans from last year don't fit?

Speaking of brownies!  My BFF Pioneer Woman has the most amazingly delicious, WOW inducing,  ooey gooey goodness, recipe.  You must try this.  If you're dieting, stop. Eat 1 or 5, then go for a jog.  There IS NO excuse to not try these brownies!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/knock-you-naked-brownies/

I would insert a picture of them here but I ate them all.  Don't judge.

My bestie also gave me Wednesday's dinner entree, which, say it with me now, tasted WOW!  Try this. Now.  Why are you sitting here still reading? Go, Eat!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/04/Cajun-chicken-pasta/

Here's a pic of me cooking it, proof that I am indeed wonder woman, (she cooks, she cleans, she is raising the next generation, she speaks French and Spanish!) The steam melted all my make up off, I am usually not this glowing!

The glossy look on my face has nothing to do with the empty bottle of wine in the background...I swear.

PS...I know that Ree, AKA, the Pioneer Woman, and I are not actually best friends, we haven't met yet, or we totally would be!

3 comments:

  1. haha...you are too funny! I love reading your blogs! And I love this picture of you, pretty lady :) Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like YOUR bangs too! Love the story. Yes, those can be pretty amusing to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the funniest one yet!!! Excellent prose, sis!

    ReplyDelete