Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm going to get sappy for a minute...

OK, a little sap is warranted.  It is after all Mother's day weekend.  The one day a year we honor the woman who gave us life.  Shouldn't we do that all the time?



My mom is amazing.  I'm not only saying that because I am ALOT like her, but because she truly is an incredible woman.  And I am going to tell you why...

7 years ago she decided to go back to school and get her degree.  Last Wednesday after 7 years of homework, tests, and presentations, she made good on that promise to herself, she finished her last college class!  She never gave up and I am so extremely proud of her for it! 

My mom's laugh is contagious, infectious actually.  We can always find something to laugh about.  I love it when she laughs so hard she snorts, sorry mom, but it's cute.  She never takes herself too seriously and is never apologetic for who she is.  Just being with her makes me feel comforted.

She is beautiful. 
 


She is funny. She is sweet and kind to others. She is supportive. She is always and has always been there for me.  She has let me cry on her shoulder, and reassured me that life is never as hard as it seems at that moment.  She has loved so deeply and IS loved so deeply.  She has given me my faith and strength in my life.  She is the most amazing Nana I could imagine for my daughter, and the look in my daughters eyes when her "Nanny" shows up brings tears to my eyes. 


I can not express how blessed I am to have such an amazing woman in my life and how lucky I am to call her my mom. 



I can't type anymore because I am sitting here crying like a baby just thinking about how special this woman is.  So in the words of the great Celine Dion...

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

I warned you it was sappy.  Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful mom's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment