Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Another day in May...

It's finally here...May! Summer is so close we can taste it. The sun was shining today and I woke up in a good mood!  Just Ally and me, all day until Jon got home from work.  What would we do today?  Well we started out with breakfast and Curious George (I said I wouldn't mention him...much), then it was the task of getting diapers changed (Ally's, not mine), hair combed, and clothes on. Sounds simple enough, not! This whole process takes us about an hour and a half.  Ally is independent, I am impatient.  Finally 9:30 and we are out the door!  First stop the library to return books, right after I turn the car around and go back to the house to get said books to return...9:45 and we are on our way!  Library...explaining to Ally that we are not going in just dropping off(she has a cold, don't want to infect other kids), this is met with whining, she will get over it.  Now off to TJ Maxx.  With Mothers Day and a birthday party this weekend, we HAVE to go shopping. Bummer.  30 minutes spent in the toy section, Ally has loaded everything she can get her hands on into the cart, I have unloaded everything back onto the shelves. Gifts found, mission accomplished.  I thought Ally would enjoy some sunshine so we stopped at the park on the way home, she did enjoy the sunshine, I did not enjoy the cold gusty breeze. I forgot my jacket.  Back in the car 15 minutes later and home we go.  It's about lunch time.  Lunch time in my house is not usually fun.  Any "eating" time is usually not fun.  Ally isn't a good eater. Never has been.  I make wonderful, delicious meals for her, she pushes them away.  The usual frustration follows, I try not to force her to eat.  She's been this way for almost 3 years, you would think I would get over it and realize she will eat when she is hungry.  I do not.  Not to worry...nap time is upon us...time for some relaxing!

Wait...ah yes. The big girl bed.  My favorite. Ally now has the freedom to get up as she pleases.  Getting her to stay in her bed for nap time takes about 45 minutes today.  Now for that relaxation.

Or...laundry, and dishwasher, etc.  I did get in some crafty craft time today though.  As well as a head start on dinner...which was another recipe from my new friend The Pioneer Woman, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/10/three-cheese-stuffed-shells-with-meaty-tomato-sauce/ .

Jon is home, little play time with the family, the usual struggle to get Ally to eat her dinner. She ate her corn, maybe she will be vegan?

More play time and a little laundry later and it's nearing 7:30.  Just so happens tonight is Book Club night.  Which also means Daddy/Ally time.  I get to chat about our book of the month, The Survivors Club,  Jon gets to bond with his daughter.  Thus ends another day in May.

Adios ( I also speak a little Spanish)

No comments:

Post a Comment