Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ugh...Summer!

OK I LOVE summer, but there is one impending task that makes me cringe.  I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it.  Full on hurl inducing visions are dancing in my head.  Swimsuit shopping! Let's hear a collective sigh from my ladies!  There was a time before bearing a child that this task wasn't so bad.  A time when stretch marks and saddle bags didn't stare back at me in the mirror laughing and torturing me so!!

I say we bring back this style...

 I like it!  It leaves a lot to the imagination.  Completely accessorized with a hat, belt, and shoes.  Now THAT is beach sexy! Problem: My husband said he wouldn't allow me on the boat in this.  I like the boat.

Maybe something more practical.

Full hip coverage, check. Cleavage (or lack of) hidden from view, check.  Butt cheeks not flopping everywhere, check check check! Target does sell something called a "Swim Dress."  I was ready to purchase! My friend said she would laugh at me.  Darn.  Check out the prices on these suits! 

All I'm saying is I need a suit that makes me look 10 pounds thinner, completely covers my belly, adds 2 cups sizes to my girls, takes the flub from my thighs and adds a little cushion to my flat back with a crack (sorry for the visual).  Is that too much to ask?

4 comments:

  1. This post CRACKED ME UP!!!! I went through this torture just a few weeks ago - and yes, I bought the swim dress from Target, just to be disappointed that it did not live up to my high expectations! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I agree with you 100%!!! It is the only part of summer that sucks. Oh the stuff we have to go through!! Very good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on this! You know what? I have a FB friend who just recently posted some photos of herself in a similar style bathing suit and she was ROCKING IT! She looked so cute, and it really smoothed out her midsection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw in a magazine that Spanx makes a swimsuit now! But not sure what the price is; I'm sure it's up there. I conquered the swimsuit shopping world last week and won! Found a really cute tankini at JCPenny. Here's a few things I've found from experience and have read (if you're going to get a tankini which I always have bought and I know you're used to bikinis, which I think you could still rock!): don't be fooled! --hip hugger shorts-style bottoms only make your hips and thighs look wider! Get bottoms that are comfortably high cut and low rise. The low rise will help you look like you have more of a curve in your behind. I know the frustrations of a back with a crack! Bottoms that cover a large area of your butt and a little up your back make it look wide and flatter! The high cut slims the thighs way better. Then if getting a tankini top, find one that is more fitted but also slightly flared at bottom and just comes to top of bottom. You have a tiny waist, so this will show that off. Make sure to not get one that is too big or really flared and loose; this only makes your mid-section look bigger because it gives you no shape. Get a solid color bottom and loud print on top. A solid color on top doesn't do the camo work like a print does. Halter tops are always more flattering for the girls up top as well as a padded bra section, of course for those of us that don't have much there.
    I think that's all the tips I can dig up. I am certainly not an expert on this, but I have experience of trying to cover up, push up, pad up...
    Sorry this was so long. Hope it helps. We can win this battle together!! Love ya, sister!

    ReplyDelete