Monday, May 9, 2011

Things to be Thankful for...

All too often I get in a mood. You know the kind, you feel sorry for yourself because something didn't go your way, or you didn't get exactly what you wanted, or your favorite capri jeans from last summer are so ridiculously tight they might actually cut off circulation kind of mood.  It's way easier to pout about it, but why not try to think of the things you are thankful for, rather than dwelling on what didn't go your way. 

So today, here is what I am thankful for...

The sunshine and warm weather

The beautiful, fragrant, flowering tree in my front yard, all though I have no idea what it is

The fact that I have sense enough to know that just because you can get the jeans buttoned does not mean you should wear them in public

Glade fabric and air freshener that covers up the smell of my dog Daisy on our living room rug

My comfy pants and maternity t-shirt I am wearing right now (no, I am not pregnant)

My Scentsy warmer by the kitchen sink that is covering up the horrible smell coming from the kitchen sink

The wonderful card I got from my husband for Mother's day, the same man who doesn't believe in cards or Hallmark, or holidays made up by Hallmark for the purpose of selling cards.

The conversation I had with a great friend yesterday after getting my spirit lifted at church.

The attic fan that sent the cool breeze throughout the house last night

Healthy Choice Sweet Asian Pot stickers frozen meal I am about to devour for lunch

That it only took 35 minutes to get Ally to stay in her bed and fall asleep for nap time today

What I am NOT thankful for...

The big girl bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment